Tufts is now requiring vaccination against COVID-19 for ALL faculty, staff, vendors, and affiliates. More Information
Close Menu
panel close Created with Sketch. panel open Created with Sketch.


Expand Filter List Collapse Filter List


Expand Filter List Collapse Filter List


Expand Filter List Collapse Filter List


Expand Filter List Collapse Filter List
clear all filters
questions and answers are available

I am a returning student (not an incoming first-year student). How do I take a personal or medical leave of absence? 

Expand Filter List Collapse Filter List

Returning students (not incoming first-year students) may take a medical leave of absence to leave campus to receive treatment for a health concern. A medical leave of absence is also appropriate if a student finds it difficult to productively or safely manage the demands of their academics and co-curricular responsibilities due to their health concern. Students may learn more about a medical leave and request a medical leave through the Dean of Student Affairs Office.  

Returning students must have initiated a request through SIS for a personal leave of absence. The request will be sent to the student’s advising dean or graduate department, and is ordinarily approved.

Last update: Friday, May 28, 2021 - 12:44pm

These FAQs are subject to change. Please check back here for the latest guidance. If you do not  find the information you are looking for, please send an email to COVID19@tufts.edu.