How is “close contact” defined?
The CDC defines close contact as someone who:
- Is within six feet for 15 minutes or more over the course of a 24-hour period, of a positive COVID-19 person/case, starting two days before the onset of illness and through illness state, OR
- Provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19, OR
- Had direct physical contact with (touched, hugged, or kissed) a positive COVID-19 person, OR
- Shared eating or drinking utensils with a positive COVID-19 person, OR
- Was sneezed or coughed on by a positive COVID-19 person, transmitting respiratory droplets to them.