When and how will full on-campus operations resume?
Tufts has not set a specific deadline for returning to full on-campus operations. Instead, the university intends to take a phased approach, which can generally be described as follows:
- Phase 0 – Stay-at-Home Advisory (essential employees only)
- Phase 1 – Limited Access (essential employees plus limited staff to support certain labs and clinics)
- Phase 2 – Preparation for Hybrid Reopening* (Phase 1 staff plus necessary support staff)
- Phase 3 – Hybrid Reopening* (Phase 2 staff plus additional support staff)
- Phase 4 – New Normal (all staff)
*Hybrid Reopening may include a combination of online and in-person academic and extracurricular activities.
Tufts plans to phase in the return of staff over time in a coordinated process to prioritize appropriate social distancing, availability of PPE (personal protective equipment), hygiene protocols, symptom screening, testing capabilities for COVID-19, and contact tracing.
All members of the Tufts community will be given advance notice of when they will be expected to return to work on campus.
No one should report to work on campus unless and until they have been explicitly cleared to do so by their school or department leadership.
Tufts will expand on-site staffing based on an assessment of mission-critical operations, ability to control and manage specific work environments, and necessity of accessing on-site resources. Return-to-campus decisions, once approved, will be issued by your respective dean, vice president, or division leader.