Winter Break Plans
November 25, 2020
We hope this message finds you doing well and enjoying the Thanksgiving break.
We are writing to share information about winter break housing. Because of the public health constraints due to the pandemic, this winter break, as with last spring and summer, we need to limit the number of people living on campus.
The Winter Break Request Process is not intended for students who simply want to remain on campus. This process is meant to assist students who:
- Cannot return home due to travel restrictions, circumstances in their home state/country, or circumstances in their home life; or
- Have no other place to live or for whom being at home would be unsafe given the circumstances of their country or home life
We are committed to working individually with people who have no feasible alternatives due to international travel restrictions, severe financial hardship, or the lack of safe housing outside the university.
Winter Break On-Campus Housing Dates
All students who live on campus are expected to move out by noon on December 22 unless your request for winter break housing is approved (see below). Move-in for the spring semester will be January 19 to January 29, 2021. You will receive a separate communication about the onboarding process in the spring term, including how to sign up for an arrival date.
Winter Break Request Process
If you believe your circumstances warrant consideration for winter break housing and you have no alternative housing during the winter break period, please submit a request for winter break housing by December 7. In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be participating in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms in person
- Have a Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 on-campus housing assignment
- Have an extenuating circumstance that prevents you from finding housing elsewhere during the winter break period
Students who are approved to remain on campus will be required to relocate from their current housing assignment to a temporary assignment for the duration of the break. Most campus services, including dining halls, will be closed during the winter break period. And all students who are granted approval to stay on campus over winter break must continue to take COVID tests and follow all COVID safety protocols, including limiting travel off-campus.
Please feel free to contact us at 617-627-3158 or at email@example.com with any questions.
Office of Student Affairs